Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting Up Day 6

Okay, so I'm really sucking at this one. I think if I actually went to bed at a reasonable time then it wouldn't be so bad getting up in the night and I could get up at 7 in the morning. And maybe even function!

Today my oldest got up at 5:40 and then the youngest shortly after. I was able to get Ethan back to sleep until about 6:30 when Tyler came upstairs wanting me and woke him up. I then let them watch TV and I slept until about 8:30. My youngest was up 3 times in the night. Any suggestions on getting him to sleep through the night?

Any suggestions on getting my oldest to stay in bed (preferably sleeping) until it gets light outside? Problem is that he usually hears his Daddy up and getting ready and he thinks he should be up too. I would love it if they slept - all night - until about 7:30 or, gulp, even 8! I put them to bed between 7 and 8. I've found that it doesn't matter if they go to bed early or late, they still get up in the night and are wide awake at the crack of dawn.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good luck. It is hard! Rachie has a routine of getting up around 4 in the morning. I'm not sure why? Sometimes she gets up a couple of times, depending on the night. It is really hard. Do they have night lights by chance? I know it's helped Rachel a little and she doesn't get up as much...just a thought. I have no idea actually...the best part, in the morning, is they are all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Rachel tells me "Okay, Mom GET UP!" Ya, she's my boss. I don't usually listen to her. :) I go to bed way late though...I need to work on it better. Good 21 day idea. Thanks. :)