Monday, December 15, 2008

Okay, so...

I've taken my time getting back to my blogging world. The accident threw me off, I still don't have my car, and then my husband took some time off work and isn't too keen on me being on the computer all day. Imagine that! :)

So, anyway, I'm back to it. I'm still not exercising but I've been trying to at least maintain what I had before in all the other areas.

Fasting: I fasted on the 7th, fast Sunday. We had a ward fast for one of the men in our ward who was in an accident a while ago and is still having problems from it. I also fasted that we'll be able to start doing the things we need to be doing to be a better family and have a better marriage. Including, but not limited to: FHE, going to the temple, date nights, keeping the house clean, etc.

Visiting Teaching: I made my appointments on the 9th and went to visit one sister the 11th and the other 2 on the 12th. I have a new partner and one new sister. I think that I'll be able to do my visiting teaching now - we all have fairly compatible schedules.

New Calling: I was called to be a nursery leader. When they first asked me all I wanted to do was scream "NOOOOOOOO!" but I didn't and accepted the call. It will be a good learning experience for me. And they promised that it will only be 6 months. We'll see. I don't know of anyone who that has actually happened for. I will be in there with Ethan, my youngest. It will be good for us to be together but so far (I've been in there the last 2 weeks) it has proved to be a great pain in the bottom. He is my biggest challenge in nursery. I think it will be better in 2 weeks when the older kids go out and he will be one of only 2 boys in the class. I think he'll settle down a little bit. I hope...

I was blessed in my setting apart that I would be able to fulfill the calling and that Heavenly Father knows my struggles at home and being with my 2 boys all the time and that He will help me in my life. He told me to rely on Him and learn to turn to Him in times of need (like ALWAYS). I have also been blessed to be able to know what to do to deal with toddler's head strong personalities. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use that to help me in my daily struggles with my own head strong 2 year old. He also told me that I would be blessed in ways I never could have thought through serving in this calling.

So, anyway... I'm back to it. I'm still going to take it easy on exercising but I plan to start tomorrow or Wednesday (hopefully!)

No comments: