Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TOP TO BOTTOM IN 21

Okay, so I've broken down my house into rooms/areas and I'll pick one out of a hat each day to do. These are the rooms to be done:

Upstairs Level:
Master bedroom and closet
Master bathroom and closet
Kids bathroom and closet
Laundry room
Boys room
Toy room
Hall and stairs

Main Level:
Kitchen
Dining room
Family room
Bathroom, hall and 2 closets
Den
Living room
Formal dining room

Basement:
Storage bedroom
Guest bedroom
Hall, stairs and bathroom
Workout room

You may notice that I've only got 18 areas that need to be done. I have a few areas that are going to be quite the accomplishment and will probably take more than one day. I'm leaving room for those. If, by some small miracle, I get done and still have time left I'll work on my storage room in the basement.

I will be working for 21 days - week days only - so it will take me 4 weeks and 1 day to complete this task. I will be maintaining as I go and the weekends I will just maintain so that I don't lose everything I'm working so hard to achieve. Also, I want to be able to enjoy my weekends the same as everyone else in the house.

Each room will be thoroughly gone through and rid of anything that is no longer in use, things we don't need, etc. I will clean every surface as I go. Walls baseboards, lights, etc. Bathrooms will be my involved cleaning because of the toilets, tubs and sinks.

I'm going to make a big pile of stuff to sell and donate as well as throwing stuff away. It's going to feel so good!

If you want to join in figure out your areas that need to be done - or just pick one thing to do per day. Come up with as many items as you think will get you to the end of the 21 days.

I am going to be re-adjusting my cleaning schedule today so that I'll be able to have it ready to maintain my clean. After the 21 days this will be my daily cleaning/work (because a house mom's work is cleaning) schedule.

1 comment:

Kerissa ~ said...

I love it Gwen and want to join you. I don't know if my stuff will take the full 21 days...maybe if I do every other day...because I have already been working on stuff a little at a a time, and my house is about 10 areas smaller than yours! :) You are doing awesome with all you goals and stuff!