Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 7 Exercise

I walked my Kindergartner to school and back - 1 mile total.

Today I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill in 42 minutes. I lost a little bit in the 3 days I didn't exercise and I could only go 3/8 mile at a 4 mph today. I did go longer in time and further in distance today though. Other than the one time going 3/8 mile I went about 1/8 mile at a time and switched it up from walking at a 3 mph to speed walking at a 4 mph, running at a 4 mph, running at a 5 mph and running at a 6 mph. I had a hard time with the 6 mph today. I burned 322 calories.

I watched Transformers Animated with my pre-schooler while I worked out today. We watched it three times.

I also lifted weights on my bow-flex and used some hand weights. I did all upper body - mostly arms.

I didn't walk down to pick up my Kindergartner. We had a birthday party to go to straight from school.

My pedometer for today got reset at least twice. I put it on before I walked down to drop off my Kindergartner but when I looked at it not long after it only said 194 steps. And I looked at it some time between 4 and 5 pm and it said 11,000+ steps (not sure how many exactly) but when I checked it between 6 and 7 pm it had been reset again and said 490. Then by the end of the night it read another 4,198 steps. So, best I can figure is that I had at least 16,000 to 17,000 steps. I did wear it while I exercised too. I rocked it yesterday!

No comments: