Monday, April 12, 2010

How Many Times Do You Think I'll Start Over?

I'm hoping this is the last time. I'm getting going yet again. Today I decided to run outside. I had hoped t do around my neighborhood twice but ended up seeing a new neighbor and introducing myself and talking for a while. So I had to hurry down to pick up my preschooler. Then we walked back. I mapped it on Sparkpeople.com and it was a 1 mile rout but I probably walked half of it home. Good news is that I ran the entire way down there.

After I got home I went downstairs and did some exercises. My husband has been doing a Men's Health workout for about a year now and so I tried that. There was an exercise I couldn't do on the ball because my balance sucks but other than that I did it. (Oh and it wants you to do pull ups and we don't have a pull up bar so I didn't do those either.) Then I did wall sits, jumping jacks, knee raises, butt kickers, calf raises and some Pilate's moves. I mostly worked out my legs.

I'm going to try to do a lot of weight lifting/strength training exercises every day - switching off from legs to arms every other day and I'd like to run/jog every day as well. Our treadmill is pretty much dead though so it will kind of depend on when I can get outside to run. I'm going to try to get up early in the morning to do my weights and then try to run just after dinner. We'll see how it goes. I may need to make adjustments.

I'm also going to start walking my kids to school and back as much as possible. It's a mile round trip.

So, where in the heck have I been you may ask? I've recently acquired 4 additional kids to watch during the days. Add to that my own two kids, trying to keep the house clean, arranging play dates as well as cooking and caring for a husband and all my time seems to have vanished. Problem is that I didn't make it a priority. I'm doing it now. I CAN get up early. I WILL!

So, in addition to tracking my exercise progress again I'd like to start tracking my house cleaning time as well as other goals.

I loved General Conference and it talked a lot about families and being a good mother. A lot of stuff I needed to hear and about a ton of things I need to work on to be the mom I know I can be. Part of that (or most of it) is going to be kicking my lazy butt to the curb and finding the motivation that has got to be hiding somewhere inside me. DEEP inside! I'll find it though. I just have to get started. Self motivation is key and that is where this blog comes in. I'll find it again.

I'm also going to start tracking my calories again on Sparkpeople.com and going to go to the store today to get ingredients for green drinks again. I'm less than a month away from my birthday and 10 pounds from my pre-kid weight so I'm hoping to get to that number by my birthday. I hope!

Oh, and a goal I'm hoping to get on here soon is starting to read my scriptures again. And sharing what I learn or a favorite verse or something.

2 comments:

J said...

Hey, have you tried t tapping?
You should ask Kerissa and my mom about it. Its awsome, and doesn't require a lot of time or anything. My mom has been losing crazy inches from it, and its sooo easy!
You are doing good, I think that even if we make an inch difference, even if we start over 10 times, that's still 10 inches difference :) Even if its the same inch over and over :)
I have been spring cleaning lately. I have some goals to complete before this baby comes! I did a lot in the kitchen today, and hope to get more accomplished.
Love ya!

Jenny said...

Don't worry. I do the same thing start then start over. :) Keep up the great work!