Friday, September 5, 2008

Exercise Day 3

I had a rough time getting going this morning so I didn't start exercising until about noon. I've decided that I really need to get going in the mornings because the boys were so much worse behaved today than the last 2 days. I think it's because they'd already gotten up and rowdy! It was also worse doing it later in the day because I felt like I needed to lift weights first in order to have a good fat burning workout. I read on bodybuilding.about.com that there are two times to work out - 1 being first thing in the morning before you've eaten anything and 2 being later in the day but only after lifting weights first. The thought behind that is that first thing in the morning you don't have any sugars/carbs in your system from the night before so you go straight to fat burning. And with exercising later in the day the site says that you have to exercise for 30 minutes before you get to fat burning because you're burning off all your sugars/carbs so they suggest weight lifting before you exercise to burn off all those sugars/carbs. So...

Today I lifted weights. Mostly bicep and tricep and shoulder exercises as well as doing the ab machine 5 sets of 10 on a 3 again. After that I did my treadmill. I went 4 miles in 64.40 minutes and burned 478 calories with 149 being fat calories. I went between a 1 and a 4 for incline and stayed at a 3.5 and a 4 for speed with 3 times up to 5 and one up to 6. I really sucked at 6 and didn't even make it an eighth of a mile at that speed. I'll get better though.

I know this is going to sound crazy because it's only day 3 but I felt stronger today. I felt like I could breathe better and the fast walking didn't seem as fast as it did yesterday.

4 more miles down - 89 to go!

No comments: